Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Prayer Request - Pass It On

God heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. He counts the number of the stars ; He gives names to all of them. Great is our Lord and abundant in strength ; His understanding is infinite .
Psalm 147:3-5

Prayer Request
I have not posted for quite some time now but feel compelled to do so at this time. Most folks would not post a prayer request, but I think this is one worth posting. Please pray for Victor Rodriguez. He is a former student of mine who graduated from Victory Christian School (Carmichael, CA) in 2006. My middle son and Victor were classmates until we moved in 2004. They remain friends today.

Victor was one of the good guys in school. He had a good, easy-going personality. He wanted to do right, and I remember his great love for baseball. I write in the past tense only because that’s what I knew him to be back then. My understanding is that he hasn’t changed much over the years. Good for you, Victor.

Victor married Crystal Andrews recently and headed to the Bahamas for their honeymoon. On June 16th (the 12th day of their marriage and the last day of the trip), the couple went parasailing. Tragically, the harness broke and the couple fell 40-50’. Victor awoke in ICU to the news that his bride had not survived the fall.

I know that God is good all the time; all the time God is good, but the human tragedy still breaks my heart. Victor has rough days ahead. Pray for the families and for Victor’s continued physical, emotional, and spiritual recovery. Please send this post to your family and friends.

Thanks for reading and praying.
MM

4 comments:

  1. Diana when you shared this with me today,I cannot even think of the words to say...this story brought tears to my eyes many times today. I will continue to pray fervently for Victor and his family..God bless you all, Lisa Harris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I can only imagine what he is going through! Praying for him and the families!
    Loraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark...Sharon told me of this and I listened in disbelief.... I will be praying for Victor and his family.... God can work this to good....but God's people need to pray and to Love with all of their spirits now... God Bless you as you recover from these deep wounds... I am so sorry to hear this...
    Love,
    Jon Kelley

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are no human words available. God will keep you all in the heel of His hand and let you rest in Him as He guides you through this journey. Please know that we will be praying for you today and tomorrow and the next day too. Sincerely, someone who understands and knows that God will take care of you always.

    ReplyDelete